Sunday, September 18, 2011

Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Rant

Ok, I was going through Hulu right and for some reason I wanted to see an episode of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. But Hulu didn't have it but another site similar had some episode so I went to the site and I was like "wow" it had Starcom, Jayce, and a little show called Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad. Holy Shit, I thought I haven't seen this show in years! This site was fucked up because it didn't have all the episodes. So I clicked on a random one and as I started watching it a thought came into my mind: This is fucking Ultraman in a computer!

For those who don't know who or what Ultraman is. Ultraman one of the great properties of Japan that started the whole super-sized good guy fighting monsters gig. This was pre-Power Rangers as it debuted in 1966, and till this day still making a whole lot of money making toys, shows, and movie which the current one Ultraman Zero: The Movie is out. And I must say it's quite good. But back to the point, Superhuman Samurai Syber(Christ are they trying to be hip with the title changing the c in Cyber to an S?)Squad is Ultraman in a computer. Servo the superhuman samurai looks actually like a variant of Ultraman and has his fighting style and powers. Then I found out later 2 things one, that it was produced by Tsuburaya Productions(The same people that did and still are doing Ultraman and I am shocked that they were involved in this monstrosity)and Andy Heyward who is producer/chairman/CEO of DiC(pronounced deek not dick)Entertainment. DiC are responsible for much of the shows from the 80's. Hell they practically own our childhood. They're the makers of: The Real Ghostbusters, Care Bears, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, Dennis the Menace, The Littles, Heathcliff, Dinosaucers, Starcom, Captain N and the Game Master, Super Mario Bros. and.........The New Adventures of He-Man(a whole other can of worms I will bring up in the future, lets say they ass-raped the most powerful man in the universe) You want the whole list go to IMDB.com, it's quite a bit.Would I recommend this show, unless you like Matthew Lawrence's(Joey's younger brother) early work then fuck no. This show is kiddie crap weak and if Servo would go against Ultraman Zero, Zero would own his ass.  

No comments:

Post a Comment